Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meet, Kimberly Waddell!


Welcome, Kim! Thanks for joining us today on my blog! It's been so nice getting to know the Cooper C-wives better and I appreciate you taking the time to visit. Kim is married to David Waddell who is an Offensive Line coach for the undefeated 2010 Cooper Cougars! David and Kim, have three adorable children; Hayden, Reece and Olivia.
Tell us a little about yourself?

I was born and raised in the West Texas area. I grew up just a few miles down the road in Odessa. I am a graduate of Odessa High School. (My parents are still season ticket holders for over 40 years now.) And yes, since we are back in the "Little Southwest Conference" you may find me singing the school song when the band plays on Friday night. It's my alma mater. I can't help it.

While in school I cheered along side the Bronchettes on Friday nights and was a member of the Odessa High Corral and a girls group called the Renditions (kinda like a cover band, but better!)

. When did you meet your coach?

I met my coach, David, while attending the college department at Temple Baptist Church. At first we were just friends, not really interested in one another. But you know how that goes, things seemed to change and after one year of dating and one year of engagement, we got married!

. How long have you been a coaches wife?

David and I have been married for over 11 years. WOW! My husband would say,”It only feels like 11 minutes...under water." (HA!HA!) No really, it does only feel like 11 minutes. Time really does pass by when you are having fun!!!

. What quality do you most admire in your coach?

I think what I admire most in David is that he knows who he is. He is unwavering. He knows what he stands for and he knows what he believes in. David is firm, steadfast, consistent, faithful, dedicated, determined, devoted, dependable, loyal... And most of all, he is loving.

. What is your favorite part of football season?

My favorite part of football season is Friday nights! It's waiting for family to arrive and attend the game; getting our game jerseys and game faces on; eating out before the big game; rushing to the stadium to make it on time before the kickoff; cheering in the stands as the Coogs push towards the end zone; and then coming home and laying our heads down at night knowing we just spent family time together. All of us! Even Daddy, although he is in the press box. We are all there, together!

. What is your greatest challenge?

For me, the greatest challenge is trying to remember that the time David spends away is short. And although it may seem like eternity, eventually he comes home to love on all of us.

. Where do you work?

Well, if you ask me, first of all, I am a stay at home mom. Our oldest son, Hayden, just began kindergarten and our other two children, Reece and Olivia attend a local church preschool program. So, after we drop Hayden off, I go to school with Reece and Olivia and spend the day with them while they are learning about the ABCs and 123s. It is the perfect job! We all leave the house together and we all come home together.

And by the way, I am an Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I love this job! Who would have guessed that playing with skin care and makeup could be so fun!!! www.marykay.com/kimberly_waddell

. What hobbies do you enjoy?

I really enjoy cooking. I love to cook good food and then eat it! I love spending time with family and friends. And of course, don't forget that good food.

I also enjoy sitting on the back porch, drinking a cup of coffee (if it's morning) or sweet tea (if it's evening), reading a magazine and watching my kids play in the back yard. There is nothing better.

Kimberly, thank you so much for taking the time to share about yourself. You have a precious family. You and David are good parents. We are thankful to have you all here in Abilene and at Cooper. Together we are making a difference in the lives around us.


Oh, I want a makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment